Working Wardrobes provides numerous services relating to professional wardrobing, employment, career, financial education and life skills, training, image workshops.
The Career Development Center is open for “drop-in” hours Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
Computer Lab: Access to computers and the internet to conduct an online job search, post a resume, and conduct research on industries, companies and job trends.
Career Resource Library: Access to books and instructional aides on career choices, resumes and cover letters, challenges for targeted populations, interviewing tips, and networking skills.
Individual Appointments: Meet with a career coach to discuss individual skills, interests, and job leads; create a resume; or complete a job application.
Career Success Events
What: A comprehensive day of career readiness services to provide job seekers with the resources they need to overcome barriers and find meaningful employment. Services: • Motivational seminar • Personal grooming and relaxation services • Professional wardrobe selection • Career coaching • Fashion show finale Who:
The pride associated with “getting the job” is something we strive to achieve for each and every client who steps through our doors. That is why we make it our goal to provide our clients the tools they need to feel trained, prepared, and confident for every
Headshots taken by Bradley Schultz. Candids by Bonnie Merrick. Working Wardrobes proudly presents the Military Women in Transition Success Event October 20, 2017 Participants 8:40 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. | Volunteers 8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. Pacific Views Center, Camp Pendleton
About Our Career Success Events
Adults overcoming difficult challenges need a major boost to their self-esteem. Planning for re-entry into the world of work poses real barriers to men and women who do not have the professional attire to make a good first impression in an interview. Our Success Events provide job-ready candidates with the final touches they need to feel confident on the job.
Success Events mirror our signature Career Success Institute workshops and Graduation Events, except the focus is on the residents or participants of a single shelter or program. Success Event participants receive a variety of services including:
- The Power of Your Image workshop or other career workshop
- Personal grooming services (hair and/or make up styling)
- Wardrobe selection (two complete outfits, including accessories)
Corporate Participation – The cost to a sponsoring corporation is $150 (plus food) per client. The Working Wardrobes Center can comfortably host 15-20 clients, plus volunteers. Corporate team-building volunteer activities during a Success Event include serving as greeters, registration staff, salon assistants, personal shoppers, food servers, wrappers and valets.
For more information on attending or hosting a Success Event, please call 714-210-2460 or email us at email@example.com
This is the most conservative type of business wear. Also what you would wear to an interview. It’s what you’ll be expected to wear in the office if you work in accounting, finance, or other conservative industries (or if you just have a really conservative boss!) For women, this means a business suit or pants suit, or dress and jacket. For men, professional dress means a business suit or a blazer, dress pants and a tie.
This is a more relaxed version of “Professional Dress”, but it doesn’t mean you’re actually going to be “casual”! This is likely to be your office dress code if you work in a semi-conservative workplace, but some interviews and events may also call for business casual. Basically, business casual is a shirt with a collar and/or a sweater, khakis or dress pants and nice shoes for women. Women can also sometimes wear a knee-length dress or skirt. Men can also wear a polo shirt/sweater with khakis.
Before The Interview
- Explore your strengths, weaknesses, interests, and career goals
- Research the employer
- Review the job description
- Prepare for commonly asked interview questions and potential questions to ask the interviewer
- Practice your questions and answers aloud
- Review your resume
During The Interview
- Arrive early–approximately 10 minutes before the interview
- Greet the employer and/or associates with a firm handshake and confidence
- When responding to questions give examples, answer positively and concisely and do not focus on weaknesses essential to the job
- Be aware of your presence during the interview, such as posture, voice, eye contact and attitude
After The Interview
- Ask the interviewer questions
- Thank the interviewer and inquire on next steps
- Reaffirm your interest in the position
- Ask for a business card and send the employer a thank-you letter
Customer Service Training
Increase your Earning Potential!
- Prepare for a Professional Career in Customer Service/Sales including positions in Retail, Hospitality, Call Centers, Banking.
- Learn how to project a professional and friendly image; be a resource for your customers; build relationships over the phone; handle customer complaints with professional flair; become a product knowledge and service expert; go the extra mile to ensure customer loyalty.
- Understand your unique learning style, set your own goals, and create a portfolio including a customer service-focused resume.
- Earn a National Certification in Customer Service through the NRF (National Retail Federation).
TRAINING PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- 36 hours of interactive classroom training through Working Wardrobes, Irvine.
- Opportunity to take assessment test to become certified by the National Retail Federation in Customer Service.
- NRF-certified trainers.
LOCATION: Working Wardrobes, 1851 Kettering Street, Irvine, CA 92614
CLASSROOM TIME: Mon – Fri; 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
*For more information or to reserve a spot Call Jack at 714-210-2460
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 CLASSROOM DATES: