Do you want to inspire others? Are you looking to volunteer and give back to your community?
As a certified Social Enterprise, all Working Wardrobes volunteers successfully help us achieve our social mission – empowering people to find jobs they love. Volunteering is a great way to become empowered, make a direct impact, build friendships, learn new skills, increase employee morale and boost team spirit. Whether you love being behind the scenes or working with people, we want to find the right connection for you.
To attend a volunteer orientation – E-mail us at Volunteer@workingwardrobes.org
or call us at 714.210.2460
The position of Front Desk Helper serves as the assistant to Working Wardrobes, Administrative Assistant. This person supports the organization’s mission of empowering men, women, veterans and young adults overcoming difficult challenges to confidently enter the workforce and achieve success. The Front Desk Helper represents the organization to the public who visit or contact Working Wardrobes’ main office. This position is in the public reception area of the Working Wardrobes’ main office at 1851 Kettering in Irvine, California. The office is open Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Volunteer hours available in flexible shifts of 3 hours.
- Make new friends
- Learn/ teach new skills
- Help transform lives through the services of Working Wardrobes.
- The Front Desk Helper answers the main phone line and directs calls
- Greets guests and directs them to offices or locations
- Answers questions about what Working Wardrobes provides forms when necessary
- Records information into our database
- Prepares correspondence as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Have a friendly and helpful attitude.
- Must be comfortable with answering phones.
- Good computer skills and understanding of office equipment are helpful.
- Customer service experience
- Be able to set a good example of professionalism for our clients through adhering to a “business appropriate” dress code
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Volunteers work closely with Working Wardrobes staff to provide support and follow-up with volunteers and clients of Working Wardrobes special events. This involves contacting more volunteers, donors and sponsors (by phone, fax, email, and mail), database entry, mass mailings, preparing logistics for events. Good computer skills and understanding of office equipment are helpful.
Hours: Monday- Saturday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Closed holiday weekends. Volunteers receive, sort, and tag donations of men’s, women’s, and teen clothing, and prepare the donations to be distributed to adults in need throughout Orange County. If you have an eye for fashion and love to organize, then this is an opportunity for you!
*This is a great opportunity for groups! We can accommodate group sizes 2-15 volunteers. If volunteers are under the age of 16, an adult chaperone must also be present.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (virtual opportunities are also available). Volunteer work closely with Working Wardrobes staff to provide support for Working Wardrobes special events, community outreach efforts, and marketing campaigns. If you have talent in sales, fundraising, events, marketing, graphic design, photography, videography, copy writing, and/or social media, then we have the perfect fit for you! Volunteer activities can include: preparing logistics for events, creating collateral, assisting in social media, conducting donation outreach and/or representing Working Wardrobes at community events. Good computer skills, an understanding of office equipment and great people skills are helpful.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Part-Time, Flexible hours. Do you love to shop? For those with a great sense of style, understanding of color, and interest in people, we have a great opportunity: As a Personal Shopper, you will assist women, men, and teens to select their professional wardrobe and encourage them on their journey to achieving self-sufficiency. You will work closely with Career Services Center staff to learn techniques for working with clients and merchandising our full service boutique.
Success Coaches help prepare our clients to re-enter the workforce by facilitating Working Wardrobes Career Success Institute curriculum for clients in residential rehabilitation or domestic abuse programs. This is a wonderful experience for Human Resource professionals, career coaches and trainers to share their coaching skills with adults in crises.
- Hours: Success Coaches facilitate our Career Success Institute curriculum in 6 two-hour workshops. The exact days vary depending on the schedules of the team.
- Qualifications: All Success Coaches must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Human Resources field and must attend an 8 hour Success Coach training session before placement.
- Location: Varies depending on the program the Success Coach is assigned to.
For more information about our Success Coach program, please contact Ashley Vlcan at Ashleyv@workingwardrobes.org
This is an opportunity for professionals from the financial industry (banking, credit, financial services, accounting firms) to share their skills with teens and adults in local rehabilitation and domestic abuse programs. Curriculum, handbooks and workshop materials have been developed for a four-session “Financial Education” workshop; all materials will be provided by Working Wardrobes for coaches and participants. The three main areas of instruction focus on Banking Services, Credit, and Money Management.
- Hours: Financial Coaches facilitate our “Financial Education” curriculum in 4 2.5 hour workshops. The exact days vary depending on the schedules of the team.
- Qualifications: All Financial Coaches must be professionals in the Banking, Credit or Money Management industries and must attend a mandatory coach training session.
- Location: Varies depending on the program the Financial Coach is assigned to.
For more information about our Success Coach program, please contact Ashley at Ashleyv@workingwardrobes.org
Volunteer Group Opportunities
“Seeing the possibility of change in people’s lives inspires me most of all.” – Anna Conrekas, US Bank
Looking for an academic fieldwork site, community service project, team-building opportunity or employee volunteer day?
Over 2,000 dedicated community and corporate volunteers find a connection with us, and we are positive you will too! Here are some volunteer day opportunities your group can OWN:
- Plan a fundraiser on our behalf
- Organize a clothing or accessory drive
- Join us for a Corporate Social Responsibility Day!
Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age. (Exclusions and Exceptions Apply)* Start recruiting today! Call 714-210-2460 or email Nicole
Looking to Join a Group?
Working Wardrobes has some great options for men, women, teens and even busy business professionals!
- Working Wardrobes High School Clubs
- Smart Women: A Women’s Giving Collaborative
- Community & Corporate Advocates
- Event Planning Committees
Call 714-210-2460 to learn more.